RACINE, Wis., May 14, 2012 – With summer right around the corner, moms’ fight against germs and dust just got a lot easier. Thanks to the new Pledge® Multi-Surface II Antibacterial Cleaner, families can now kill germs and clean hard surfaces like finished wood, sealed marble, granite and electronics without harming or damaging it. With a fresh citrus scent, Pledge® Multi-Surface II Antibacterial Cleaner kills 99.9 percent of germs* when used as directed, including bacteria like E. coli and viruses like influenza.
“Pledge® Multi-Surface II Antibacterial Cleaner is one of the most versatile products SC Johnson has introduced to date,” says Kelly M. Semrau, Senior Vice President – Global Corporate Affairs, Communication and Sustainability for SC Johnson. “Consumers know they can trust Pledge® products to not only protect and clean their fine furniture and everyday hard surfaces, but now some of them even eliminate germs.”
To help spread the word about the disinfecting power of Pledge® Multi-Surface II Antibacterial Cleaner, SC Johnson has partnered with Holly Homer**, the founder of JuneCleaverNirvana.com, a popular mom blog. Together, Homer and the makers of Pledge® are “daring moms to disinfect” and use Pledge® Multi-Surface II Antibacterial Cleaner on many of their hard household surfaces, including electronics, glass and finished wood.
“My three boys run all over the house and touch nearly everything, so it’s important that I try to keep germs off as many hard surfaces as I can and make sure they wash their hands,” Homer says. “Pledge® Multi-Surface II Antibacterial Cleaner is the first product I can use on special pieces of furniture in my home without worrying that I’ll ruin it. I can use it on nearly every hard surface.”
This summer, in addition to making sure her boys are constantly washing their hands, Homer follows these other tips to protect her family from germs:
- Ensure that sponges and rags are dried out thoroughly and replaced on a regular basis.
- Regularly change air filters when they become full so germs aren’t circulating through the home.
- Use Pledge® Multi-Surface II Antibacterial Cleaner on finished wood, glass, electronics, stainless steel, sealed granite and metal, because it cleans, disinfects and is one of the more versatile home cleaning products.
- Don’t forget to tackle germ hot-spots such as door knobs, remote controls, keyboards and toys.
To use Pledge® Multi-Surface II Antibacterial Cleaner, shake well, hold upright and spray about eight inches from surface, then wipe with soft clean cloth for best results.
- If using on electric equipment, spray product directly onto cloth then dust as usual.
- To sanitize hard, non-porous surfaces, spray until thoroughly wet, let stand 30 seconds then wipe clean. For heavily soiled areas or surfaces, a precleaning is required.
- To disinfect hard, non-porous surfaces, spray until thoroughly wet, allow surface to remain wet for seven minutes then wipe clean. For heavily soiled areas or surfaces, a precleaning is required.
- Please refer to the product label for the full set of usage instructions including precautionary statements and first aid.
Pledge® Multi-Surface II Antibacterial Cleaner is available in the cleaning aisle of mass merchandise stores as well as food and drug stores. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price is $3.99.
To learn more about how Homer is “daring moms to disinfect,” please visit JuneCleaverNirvana.com
For more information on the entire lineup of Pledge® products, please visit www.Pledge.com
About SC Johnson
SC Johnson is a family-owned and managed business dedicated to innovative, high-quality products, excellence in the workplace and a long-term commitment to the environment and the communities in which it operates. Based in the USA, the company is one of the world's leading manufacturers of household cleaning products and products for home storage, air care, pest control and shoe care. It markets such well-known brands as GLADE®, KIWI®, OFF!®, PLEDGE®, RAID®, SCRUBBING BUBBLES®, SHOUT®, WINDEX® and ZIPLOC® in the U.S. and beyond, with brands marketed outside the U.S. including AUTAN®, TANA®, BAMA®, BAYGON®, BRISE®, KABIKILLER®, KLEAR®, MR. MUSCLE®, and RIDSECT®. The 126-year old company, that generates $9 billion in sales, employs nearly 13,000 people globally and sells products in virtually every country around the world. www.scjohnson.com
*Vancomycin Resistant Enterococcus faecalis (VRE), Escherichia coli (E. coli), Klebsiella pneumoniae, Staphylococcus aureus (Staph)
**Paid spokesperson for Pledge®