Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Organic Cranberry Coconut Muffins
Most people think of boxes of prepackaged mix when they think of making some baked goods. Not only do prepackaged food products create more waste, they are often single use and expensive. Here is a recipe for some delicious, easy to make, organic cranberry coconut muffins that won't run your budget up! You can use as many of these organic ingredients as you have in your pantry.
4 tablespoons of melted butter
¾ cup of milk
½ cup of sugar
1 cup of unbleached all-purpose flour
½ cup of whole wheat flour
½ teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of double acting baking powder
½ cup of old fashioned rolled oats
1 tablespoon of freshly ground flax seed
¼ cup of shredded dried coconut and 2 teaspoons
½ cup of white chocolate chips
1 cup fresh chopped cranberries or ¾ cup of dried cranberries
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Beat eggs in a large bowl and mix in milk and melted butter.
• Add sugar, flours, salt, and baking powder and stir in.
• Add oats, flax seed, and ¼ cup of coconut and stir in.
• Gently stir in the cranberries and white chocolate.
• Dish into buttered muffin tins.
• Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of shredded dried coconut for a little crunch.
• Bake 20-25 minutes.
*Yields 12 muffins.
What is your favorite organic baked good?