Wednesday, May 02, 2012
Six Simple Ways to Display Kids Artwork | Family Economics
They arrive home with it, they call it art, you love it and no one wants to part with it. So, what is one mom supposed to do with all of those precious art pieces her child brings home week after week, year after year? Here are my family’s six simple ways to display your kids’ artwork.
1. Binder Art: Create a “My Art Binder” for each child. Place your child’s artwork inside. Be sure to label and date each picture. You can either three-hole punch each piece of art or place each art creation in a clear protective sleeve.
2. Famous Artist Display: Purchase an assortment of frames at your local discount or thrift store. Paint them to match your decor. Hang the assorted frames as though they have pieces of famous art in them, only place your child’s pictures inside to display for all to see.
3. Monthly Art: Choose 12 art pieces and scan/photograph them and then have them made into a yearly calendar. These make great gifts as well.
4. Art Collage: Create a collage of your child’s favorite artwork for the year by taking a digital picture of each piece and having a poster created out of them. An 11x14 poster will hold approximately six to eight pictures, depending of the size of each one.
5. Magnetic Wall: Paint an entire wall or just a section of it with a magnetic paint. Allow your children to hang their artwork on it, changing it out from year to year while saving their favorite pieces.
6. Computer Wallpaper: Take digital pictures of your child’s artwork. Download or scan them into your home computer and use them as your wallpaper or screensaver.
What are some ways that you display your child’s artwork at home?