Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Tips for Organizing Your Bathroom Cupboard | Family Economics
By Melanie Edwards
Sometimes the smallest places in your home can become the messiest. You don't mean for it to happen, but things can quickly get out of hand simply from accumulating a lot of items and forgetting to organize them. The cupboard underneath your bathroom sink is one of those places that can easily become overrun with beauty products, cleaning supplies and in my case, bath toys!
Depending on how many bathrooms you have and how much storage space you have in each, you can split your belongings into various cupboards amongst your home. Either way, in order to keep things neat and easily accessible, you'll want to make use of baskets, bathroom organizers and the ever-handy Ziploc® Brand Slider Storage and Freezer Bags with the Smart Zip® Seal. Check out these simple tips to help you get more organized and make better use of the space underneath your bathroom sink!
1. Use baskets and containers: I love using baskets and Ziploc® Brand Containers with the Smart Snap® Seal to organize my cleaning supplies, beauty items and health products because you can fit just about anything in them! The various shapes and sizes that they come in make them easy to organize and rearrange in tight spaces. Use containers to store your items together by category such as medical items (wraps, cotton balls, aspirin), bathroom supplies (toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, lotion), styling tools (brushes, blow-dryers, flat iron, hair-sprays) and cleaning supplies.
2. Separate and label your items: I find it's best to separate and group items that are alike such as cleaning supplies, health and beauty products and kids’ bath toys. Furthermore, I break down my beauty supplies by separating my make-up and facial items from my hair care products. To make your toiletries more accessible, label the sides of your containers with each category (beauty products, hair care products etc.) so you and your family members can easily grab what you need instead of sifting through each of the containers.
3. Contain small items: Use Ziploc® Brand Slider Storage and Freezer Bags with the Smart Zip® Seal to keep items like children’s bath toys in one place, preventing them from being tossed in the cupboard. Similarly, store small items that can easily get lost such as bobby pins, hair ties, cotton balls and jewelry in snack-size. Then, store each baggie in its rightful container.
4. Use the door: The door of your bathroom cupboard is often underutilized, but making little adjustments like installing containers on the inside of the doors increases their space and functionality. This allows you to be better organized and utilizes all of the open space.
5. Reminder: If you have small children or pets, remember to install child-safety locks onto your cupboards to keep your little ones away from any small objects in your newly organized cupboard.
For additional organization tips, check out this post by fellow Blogger Panel Member, Eric.
How do you keep your bathroom cupboards organized?