Tuesday, February 01, 2011
Custom Valentine Snack Packaging | Family Economics
Custom candy wrappers are a fun and easy way to share Valentine’s Day cheer at work, school or among friends. Candy wrappers can be made to wrap bite sized chocolates or full-size candy bars. Follow these easy steps to make your Valentine’s Day candy extra special:
Custom Candy Wrappers
1. Find a free printable wrapper template online
2. Once printed to size, cut out the new label wrapper
3. Remove your desired candy, cracker or cookie’s existing cover paper (but not the inner foil)
4. Wrap the label and tape or glue overlaps together on the back. If you’re looking to share healthier snacks at your child‘s Valentine's Day class party, consider granola bars or fruit flavored strips.
5. Do not remove existing wrap, just cover over with your Valentine labels
6. Place newly wrapped treats in a clear plastic bag
7. Customize each bag by attaching a fold-over “header” card to the top of the bag with a stapler. Header cards can be designed and printed from your computer or made from scrapbook paper or construction paper and embellished by you or your child.
A few other snack ideas to buy or make and add custom packaging to are:
• Individual bags of microwave popcorn or pre-popped popcorn
• Individual bags of instant hot chocolate
• Sunflower seeds
• Graham crackers
• Dried fruit
• Cereal or trail mixes
• Truffles, other chocolates, or chocolate covered anything!
• Pretzels or chocolate dipped pretzel sticks
• Honey sticks
• Packs of gum or mints
• Rice cereal marshmallow bars
• Chocolate peanut butter cups
• Cracker and cheese handy snacks
If you have free printable candy labels, feel free to share them in the comments!