Wednesday, February 15, 2012
What to Buy During the Valentine’s Day Clearance Sales | Family Economics
The heart and flower celebrations may be over and your Valentines may have been delivered but don’t stop thinking red and pink until you head out to your local big box stores, drug stores and grocery stores for great deals on their Valentine’s Day clearance sales – there are so many great buys and ways to use these deals beyond Valentine’s Day.
Check out this list of items that I have found during my Valentine’s Day clearance shopping and what to look for when shopping:
1. Gift Wrap – Pick up wrapping paper, tissue paper, gift bags, party bags etc. for upcoming birthday party gifts.
2. Groceries – Look for grocery items that are now being cleared out because they have a Valentine theme to them. You can pick up cake mixes, snack foods, heart shaped pasta, etc.
3. Paper goods – Now is the time to pick up next year’s Valentine’s party paper goods or purchase non heart ones and solid colored ones to use for upcoming birthdays, Mother’s Day, Fourth of July, etc.
4. Baking items – I have found cake sprinkles for decorating cakes, cookies and cupcakes and a heart shaped pan that I have used for future Valentine’s Day or to make brownie pizzas or big cookies for upcoming birthdays.
5. Tableware – Look for tablecloths, runners, decorations, cups, glasses, serving bowls, etc. in solid colors for year-round use during birthday parties and other upcoming holidays.
6. Decorations – Wreaths, signs, candles, holders, etc. can be put away for next Valentine’s Day or possibly used for Fourth of July, if appropriate.
7. Frames – Buy them in solid colors red and pink for use around the house.
What have you purchased on sale after Valentine’s Day?