Wednesday, November 10, 2010
More Than Food Storage - Uses for Ziploc | Family Economics
I am a Ziploc® Brand organizing mom. When I need to sort, organize or store things I have found that these bags are a perfect organizing solution for many of my disorganized dilemmas.
Here are 12 organizing uses:
1. Traveling – Bags in various sizes are perfect for placing your shampoos, lotions, sunscreens and other liquids in as you travel. The bags will protect possible spills getting on the rest of your items in your suitcase.
2. Clothing – When my children were small I would fold and put away complete outfits including socks and undergarments into bags and stack them in their dresser drawers. So no matter who was dressing the children everything was ready to go. This is also a great travel tip. Placing each days outfit into a bag and then into their suitcase makes it easy to keep their clothes organized.
3. Cords and plugs – Use bags to organize all of your laptop, cell phone, travel DVD players cords and plugs. Separate the cords into individual bags and you can also place the instruction manual in the bag as well. Be sure to also label the bags with a permanent marker.
4. Toys – Various size bags are perfect for sorting and keeping toys organized. Toys that have multiple pieces such as building blocks, puzzle pieces and games, can now be kept all in one bag easy to store and take on-the-go. I especially like the extra large storage bags for large building-block sets.
5. Snacks – Fill snack and sandwich bags with your children’s favorite snacks. They are ready to go when packing lunches and grabbing snacks on the go. You can even create your own 100-calorie snack bags.
6. Storage – Holiday decor, keepsakes, baby items, and out-of-season items can be stored safely in Ziploc® Brand Bags.
7. Organizing – Use bags to sort and organize your socks, panty hose, hair accessories, jewelry, sewing supplies and office supplies. Use in your beach bags and purses to hold small items.
8. Craft supplies on-the-go – Crayons, felt markers and stickers can all be placed in bags for on-the-go fun.
9. Putty – Stop your fresh putty from hardening and going bad. Place it in a bag to keep it fresh.
10. Lunch money – Place your child’s lunch, milk or ice cream money in the snack or sandwich bag so they can easily find their money in their backpacks.
11. Dinner time – Begin using the freezer method for your meal planning and prepare several meals ahead of time and store in freezer bags for the upcoming busy holiday season.
12. On-the-go child pack – Place a complete change of clothing, undergarments or diaper and travel-size baby wipes in a gallon-sized bag, then place it in your car for those accidents that happen when out and about.
What do you use Ziploc® Brand Bags for?