Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Finger Food Recipes for Your Super Bowl Party | Family Economics
All you football fans gather around for some finger lickin’ food because it’s time for the Super Bowl and time to get your playbook on! As a diehard fan of six-man football, I can appreciate every aspect of professional football, including the food.
Today, I’m sharing with you some of our favorite game time recipes that will hopefully give you ideas to serve up during your Super Bowl Party.
• 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed (do not use fresh)
• 1 1/2 c. sour cream
• 1 c. mayonnaise
• 1 (4 oz.) pkg. of your favorite vegetable soup mix
• 1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts, finely chopped
• 3 green onions, finely chopped
• Round loaf of Hawaiian bread
Squeeze spinach until dry. In medium bowl, stir together spinach, sour cream and soup mix. Add finely chopped water chestnuts and green onions. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight. Cut slice from top of round loaf of pumpernickel bread, hollow out loaf to leave shell to contain dip. Use bread removed from shell and top slice to cut into bite size pieces. Butter inside of bread shell, fill loaf with dip and place on platter and surround with crackers or even vegetable sticks.
Basic Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
• 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth and creamy. For Marshmallow Fruit Dip, add 1/2 cup marshmallow crème to the basic recipe.
Pizza with BLT Topping
• 1 Rising crust pizza - four cheese
• 1⁄2 cup shredded lettuce
• 1⁄4 cup chopped tomatoes
• 4 slices of bacon, cooked, crumbled
• 2 Tbsp. ranch dressing
Heat oven to 400°F. Bake pizza as directed on package. Serve topped with remaining ingredients.
French Dip Roast Beef Sandwich with Caramelized Onion
• 1 large red onion, sliced
• 1 Tbsp. sugar
• 2 Tbsp. salad dressing (mayonnaise)
• 2 tsp. horseradish sauce
• 2 tsp. mustard (preferably a spicy kind)
• 4 diced marinated sun-dried tomatoes or homemade roasted tomatoes
• 4 onion rolls or sub buns
• 4 slices of cheddar cheese
• 1 pkg. of deli sliced roast beef
• 1 cup fresh arugula
In small skillet, cook onion with sugar and 1 Tbsp, water on medium heat for 10 minutes until onions are brown, soft and caramelized. Set aside. Mix salad dressing, horseradish sauce, mustard and sun dried tomatoes in small bowl. Spread on sandwich roll bottoms. Top each sandwich with roast beef, cheese, arugula and onions. Place tops on each bun, place on sheet pan and bake in preheated 350′ oven for 15 minutes until warm and toasty or grill in Panini grill on medium heat for 2 minutes until browned.
A few other recommendations include:
• Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
• Bacon Brunch Bites
• Slush Punch