Information Technology Summer Intern Program
Our goal is to attract high-caliber collegiate talent within the IT field and provide challenging opportunities to develop their technical and professional skills through real-world experience.
SC Johnson interns have exposure to multiple positions within our global IT department – what we call Business Process & Technology, or BPT. Our summer and year-round internships offer competitive wages, subsidized housing, training and opportunities for permanent employment.
"My SC Johnson internship offered me meaningful work experience with significant responsibility, as I owned the delivery of my projects. Additionally, I had the opportunity to meet many people; the relationships I started as an intern continue to help me guide my career path as a full-time SC Johnson employee."
– Roxanna, Analyst
Why We Stand Out
We asked interns who became permanent employees why they chose to be part of the SC Johnson team early in their careers. Here's a summary of what they said. See how our opportunities differ from others.
Lots of Variety: Interns generally rotate through a range of technology specializations ranging from state-of-the art applications, to web development, to databases, to infrastructure and networks.
Career Control: The employee development process emphasizes long-term career planning and refinement of technical and professional skills.
Exciting Projects: From your first day at SC Johnson, you're working on real technology challenges and developing skills.
Personal Visibility: While we emphasize teamwork, we also recognize individual contributions. You'll have good contact with senior management at both the technology and corporate levels.
Friendships and Fun: In an atmosphere where people treat each other with dignity and respect, good things happen. You'll build relationships, not only with the Information Technology team but with people throughout the company.
Our Internship Program has a variety of opportunities and assignments. Some examples include:
- Test script automation for a global function
- Contractor training and security web application enhancement
- E-commerce client self-service web tool support
- Global-use feasibility studies
- Global trade monies management support
- Global bandwidth projects
- Desktop support
- Website maintenance and enhancements
- Database development and support
- ERP support
- Application deployment
- Data reporting
Beyond the Norm
In addition to learning opportunities and project assignments, we offer distinct enrichment activities for SC Johnson interns that help them build skills that are always in demand. These include training and education, team building, mentoring and community service.
Some examples include:
- Presentation Advantage: A program to expand interns' formal presentation skills
- Executive Interaction: Opportunities to meet and network with technology executives
- Project Management: Training on how to develop high-quality, detailed project plans
- Social Activities: Outings, networking events and fun!
- Mentoring: Pairing SC Johnson technology professionals with interns to assist with career questions and development
- Community Involvement: Options to take part in local volunteer activities
- Global Exposure: Participation in the operations of an international organization within a worldwide company
Supply Chain Planning Manager
“My family and I are enjoying our first international assignment! It has been a great experience that we will forever appreciate.” Get to know Sharon.
Team Lead Specialist
"I have over 100 Hawaiian shirts in my wardrobe which I wear to work on a daily basis." Get to know Paul.
Sales General Manager
"I’m most proud of being part of the management team that initially developed the company’s Consumer Insights and Category Management expertise, back when these were brand new concepts in our industry." Get to know Patrice.
The best people of all backgrounds, doing their best work, supported by
a culture of inclusion and fairness, to drive innovation, quality, and